July 7, 2008

Robson Park Block Arty

Yesterday afternoon my friend Derrick dragged me to this horrible block party with games, more games and then even more games. As you must know, I'm not one for games...WHAT?!! No seriously, it was lots and lots of game fun. A group of girls on E 13th street got a grant from the city to put this block party together for the community and everyone was welcome. All sorts of people and dogs were there to keep the day going from morning to night. Derrick documented the day with his fancy cam and gave me a few good ones to post.

Our day started with Square Ball. This was the first time I had played this game and I LIKED it. Except Mr Curious Kid cheated me out of the King position.

After a quick hotdog...

we were taught the game FrizKnock. I first heard stories of this game in Fernie in May, so i guess it's really catching on. You basically just try and knock your opponent's cups off their poles with the frizbee. Easier said than done, my friend.

Soon after Frizknock we were on the street drawing pretty chalk pictures

Precious moment of the day goes to this little girl who came up to me and said "chalk"... so I gave her my chalk...and then she walked away. Precious!

The kids were entertained with bubble making, tye dying and water guns. I miss the days of water fights.

And then Dana showed up and we played more games...
like bocce ball and then badminton and then more frizknock.


And there you have it. Robson Street Block Party by Brina, Derrick and Dana.

Thanks, Derrick Belcham, for the fantastic pictures. You're fantastic. And a thanks to the hosts of the block party. Thanks for making me feel like a 12 year old again!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHY DO I MISS ALL THE FUN DAYS IN THE CITY?!?!?! I bet I would be GREAT at frizknock :D

Anonymous said...

maybe you shouldn't have been treated like a queen in the okanagan for 5 days...and then you could have stayed home and played games in a park...something we could do any day :D WHERE ARE YOU PICTURES??