July 8, 2008

Derrick Belcham and Friends

28!! Derrick turned 28 yesterday! He has the body of a 19 year old and the mind of a 52 year old and the butt of an 8 year old.

OK so we set up some FrizKnock on the beach and Mr. Birthday Boy and I got hit with one of Nate's torpedoes, which flung the cup in the air just enough for derrick and I to feel like we could get it. So I try and grab it and do the hot potato with it for what felt like 2 minutes until Derrick steps in and ends up kicking me and tripping both of us and landing in the sand with a rip roaring FART.

That's my boy.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. So I thank you, Derrick, for letting it all out there.

That wasn't the only moment of greatness. There was this amazing catch that Derrick pulled off as if he was a robot. It seemed so natural and impossible.

We all dropped to the ground in pure disbelief.

Frizknock. It's the game of 2008.




There was also lots of food, and "juice" and friends and more food. Whenever we get together it always feels like we should do this more often, but in reality it usually takes a birthday or some special event to get it done.

I'd also like to mention that it's Golden's birthday today. Golden is a special kind of character and I hope he has a good day, especially since he isn't working today and is instead hanging out with friends and dogs. Best birthday ever!!


And Andre is in town for a couple weeks!! Hopefully I'll see him again before he heads back to Toronto.

When summers come around and you're so busy with friends and events, you kind of wonder how you manage to pass the time in the winter. What do we do in the winter?! How do we survive?

No comments: