July 6, 2008

Nate turns 30 and sings his pain away

Last night we celebrated Nate's 30th birthday with some dinner, drinks and KARAOKE! I have never experienced the private room karaoke before, so I was a tad excited about checking that off the life list. I have to say I didn't really give the solo show I thought I was going to do but, boy, did I sing to almost every song with arms up in the air like Celine Dion.

That's a good time.

The birthday boy owning the tamborine.

Derrick giving 103% for bohemian rhapsody.

Mr. Karaoke

Nate's really feeling the music here...the beer helps.


There was one magical moment of the night where Give A Little Bit by Supertramp came on and everyone is excited about the song and our voices are getting loud and desperate because we need a singer and no one could find a mic and then...and then in the midst of all the confusion this loud "GIVE A LITTLE BIT..." comes in and we're all WHO'S SINGING?! and all of us turn to Nate "GIVE A LITTLE BIT OF YOUR LOVE TO ME" and he's got his eyes closed, his mouth wide open and a red face... just given'r. OH IT WAS MAGICAL. We all cheered for Natey!!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NATE!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh. my. god.

WHAT I WOULD GIVE TO REWIND TIME AND BE BACK HERE FOR 5 HOURS SATURDAY NIGHT. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATEY!!!

ahem. and why didn't beans do any solos?!