July 10, 2008

Creative Window Displays On Display

Whenever I walk around my neighbourhood I find myself always checking out certain window displays because either they're really interesting or they are constantly changing. I find the art of window displays really intriguing and if we ever went retail I think I'd take on the challenge with pride. You can do anything!! And some companies do.

I will be walking by Baker's Dozen Antiques (on Main Street) and always find myself standing in front of their window just amazed by all the pieces they've included...and the arrangement is so pleasing to my blue eyes.

Very sunny day photo of the antique shop.


And then there's Mountain Equipment Co-op (aka MEC) who always has a very unique window display idea...for an outdoor store. I guess the outdoor theme isn't a hard one to figure out, but I believe the people at MEC really get their hands dirty with it. This month they have painted scenes with minimal product displays. I think it's such a simple idea that works really well. Yep. That's what I think.


Last we have Bello Wedding World. Now I'm not getting married and if I was getting married I'd probably not go to BWW (oh that's not fair...cuz you never know) but what I love about their display is the frequency at which it changes. Every day I see new dresses in the window and not once have I seen the elves that do the ol' switcherooo. They're like display ninjas.


So there you have it. My top 3 window displays in my neighbourhood by Brina Schenk.

No comments: