July 5, 2008

Jill Bolte Taylor - My Stroke Of Insight

This morning I decided to stay in bed for a while and click my stumble! button like it was a remote control for a TV. I do miss those moments when I sit on the couch and just push channel up..up..up..up..up. SO maybe it's best I don't have cable.

While the world wide web can show you a lot of useless stuff, it can also surprise you with something that warms your heart and even inspires you to change your thoughts and your life.

These moments of inspiration don't happen every day. It may be the places we look for entertainment or maybe just timing in our lives, but this morning I watched this video of Jill Bolte Taylor and I felt that the next thing I need to do is sign into our blog and tell you about it.

I do believe that just watching the video and hearing her talk about her moment of enlightenment won't make the same happen for you or me, but it's something to possibly crack through a layer of our own thoughts...and the crack might grow and grow due to our own experiences (both good and bad) in our own lives.



From the website:

About this talk

Jill Bolte Taylor got a research opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: She had a massive stroke, and watched as her brain functions -- motion, speech, self-awareness –- shut down one by one. An astonishing story.

About Jill Bolte Taylor brain researcher

Jill Bolte Taylor studied her own stroke as it happened -- and has become a powerful voice for brain recovery.

Watch the video.

No comments: