June 27, 2008

everyone for themselves on the bike path

Just a warning to anyone considering a nice relaxing ride along a bike trail in Vancouver, especially at around 8:15 in the A.M., be very careful.

I decided to leave early for a breakfast date and cruise down Ontario Street to the Seawall because I had heard the new section by the Olympic village is really beautiful. So I get on Ontario, the bike route, and slowly more and more bikers catch up with me at each stoplight. Those morning bikers aren't on cruise ship time, like myself, they're on get to work at the speed of light time, PLUS, they're completely trying to get ahead of the other bikers. This morning I got all caught up in the race to the next light, so much that I fumbled with my flip flops and lost one of them but had to keep biking for fear of causing a major train wreck.

My heart was pumping so fast and after the mob left I was able to slow it down to a pace I had meant for all along.

So be it a lesson for you: If you are going to take a bike route and don't want to lose the race, don't wear flip flops. Easy.

No comments: