June 7, 2008

bowling is fun

I'm not the biggest fan of bowling. I generally don't go bowling. However, on Thursday we all had a free night, so I said to the biggest bowling fans "Let's go bowling!"

And of course they dropped what they were doing and got their butts in the car immediately.

Let me introduce to you our bowlers for the evening:

Ben

Teeniebear

Robowler

and Beans

When I was 10 or so I was photographed in Oshawa while bowling and it landed on the front page of the Oshawa Times newspaper. The photo above brings back those memories, memories of slight embarrassment because they had caught me in a moment of pure mid bowling toss splendor and possibly my eyes were half closed and my tongue was hanging out. One day I'll find it, scan it and post it. You'll laugh and I'll laugh and it will be a fun good time.

So back to Thursday...

It was a night of eating and drinking (as you can see by Teenie's face, she was giddy like a school girl)

and picking the ball that whispers in your ear "hey, can i talk to you for a second?"

everyone was competing for the title of champion and would swoop to the lowest levels to break your flow...by making faces, taking pictures with a flash at just the right moment...and so on.

by the end of the night our eyes were glossy and everything seemed a little bit fuzzy

Ben pretty much ruled the evening, mostly because we were all stunned by his wicked spinning technique, that is until Beans blew him out of the water in the last game with her new found my-thumb-hurts ball toss, while Teeniebear and Robowler proved to everyone that they don't need to win to have fun.

I'd go again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dang right you'll go bowling again! ROBO come back so we can go bowling!!! :D why do I look so hungry in all the pictures??!