August 13, 2008

Still in Ontario...

I have some time between visits and games to write a quick hello; I'm taking advantage while it lasts. We're still in rainy Ontario for another day or two and, but I can't speak for Teenie, I am looking forward to a bit of summer sun in Vancouver.

It's been looking a lot like this at my parent's place in Oshawa, Ontario...


But a few main events have already taken place. Trevor and Mandy's wedding was a big party, with a few minor moments of drama (which will be funny in about 2 to 5 years) but for the most part it was a beautiful night of two very different families coming together to dance the night away.


Because I'm Aunty Bwina, I got to take care of the nephews for the first chunk of the night. They were a bit hyper, and obviously very excited because of the attention they were getting...which makes them even more excitable...so I did my best, and so did Alex and Rod. It was 3 adults on 2 kids and we barely got them to sit long enough to take down one meatball.

I'll have more pictures in the coming weeks from the photographer and from my own collection. It being my brother's wedding, I didn't want to be the one behind the camera, so I don't have much.

We'll get back to business soon enough though. I need to beat my dad in cribbage a few more times before I get on that plane.


My friends Linda, Lisa, Layla and Laura turned 30 on Monday. It didn't pass without a big bbq at their mom's house with 50 to 60 people. It was really nice to see everyone and catch up. I'll try and get pictures from them too. SIGH. I haven't been good with taking pictures lately.

No comments: