August 29, 2008

The Lion's Den

A little Jamaican/Japanese restaurant I have been frequenting lately is The Lion's Den on East 15th and Fraser. It's a place that doesn't stand out, the huge trees in front don't help, and it's about the size of my tiny attic apartment...except a little more colourful.

It's run by Ken and his partner Junko who are not shy and will warmly welcome you into their home. Their home: Ken keeps the reggae on repeat, a tabletop pac-man game system in mint condition (dana has held the high score at one point) sits by the window and a wall to wall sunset mural transports you to a sandy beach in the Caribbean.

The food is great, made from scratch, following old secret recipes...and if you're not sure what you want, Junko will get you something good - "trust me" she says.

I recommend everyone to go there, and I hear they have cheap yummy breakfasts too, and experience The Lion's Den. They will probably ask you to sign their calendar, if it's your first time, and tell you...oh wait, I'll leave some extra details for you to find out for yourself.

Have fun! and Merry Christmas!

The Lion's Den
651 15th Avenue East
map

3 comments:

Gabriela said...

Hello,

Jamaican and Japanese food sounds wonderful to me! And Vancouver...what a magic place! Loved it!

Just passing by and saying hello!

~ Gabriela ~

Anonymous said...

Hello! Thanks for passing by.

Alice Young said...

Oh geez. This post does the nearly impossible - making me miss the city! I miss finding little spots like this! Pouting on the island... Alice