January 18, 2009

a little high-flying act to round out the weekend...

Because it wasn't an exciting weekend enough, today, (after I blogged about the show yesterday) I met up with my girlfriend, Nancy, for an afternoon of something different, fun and totally entertaining (for everyone around me).

Ha!

Long story short, Nancy double booked herself today for two separate and totally different events, and since she couldn't cancel out of both, she asked me to sub in on one of the activities today. Her and Laurie, her girlfriend, signed themselves up for an afternoon of CIRCUS! I don't know how to explain it more than that.

on your right: circus professionals, on your left: newbies

Laurie posing for pictures instead of listening to the circus team.

I basically got to go out to this circus gym in North Vancouver and, for two hours, do some really (un)graceful circus activity with a bunch of strangers.

Suffice to say, it was a rip-roaring (more like rip-snorting) good time! Even though Laurie and I didn't even end up being in the same group (they split us up), we still equally had very much lots of fun this afternoon.

streeeetches!

activity #1: hanging on the silk ribbons. check!

activity #2: learn how to juggle.

activity #3: harness yourself in and swing from a really high swing...oh! and do flips :|


activity #4: lay around and chat with your new friends..errr, I mean, trampoline!

Thanks to Nancy for thinking of me and letting me sub in for you!! I did good, right?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looked like SO much fun. that's so cool!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Scary looking but so much fun...Teenie, you're the gal!!!

mom