January 18, 2009

indie we did!


Yesterday was a huge success for everyone participating in the inaugural Indie I Do wedding show! Congratulations to all who came out yesterday, and the biggest congratulations must go out to Lotus Events and Blue Olive Photography for all their hard work and dedication to make this show happen. We's so proud of you!

Although Brina couldn't make it to be with me for yesterday's show, she was definitely spoken of (and praised!) all day for her beautiful work. Erin, of Fuego Events, was nice enough to be my partner in crime for the day, and was even gracious enough to lend her wicked decor skills to our table. Thank you so much Erin for making the day beautiful and fun!

Erin watching over our table, trying to ignore the camera.

The whole day went pretty darn smooth, with just one major coniption fit that I went through about 10 minutes before the doors opened. We set up our table and it looked AMAZING, and when I went to use our new camera to take pictures of the whole table...it totally DID NOT WORK! :(

Thank goodness for friends! The wonderful duo that is Marliss Productions came to my aid to try some quick troubleshooting...with no success. Reilly (one half of the Olives) also came to my aid to do a quick look, but because we only had minutes before the door opened, did some quick thinking and handed over his camera so I could snap off a few shots of our booth before the crowds came through. A heartfelt thanks to everyone who didn't look at me like a weirdo when I was running around (arms flailing) those few minutes before the show started!!

All's well that ends well. Studio Jeanie came to my rescue with her "magic hands" and some how got my camera going so I was able to snap a few shots off in the middle of the show. Schaweeeet! I'll be posting the shots from Reilly's camera as soon as I get them...that's a promise :)

Teenie capturing Jeanie, capturing a moment.

As far as the show goes, it was amazing! The venue was perfect, the booths and tables, beautiful...the burlesque show (from what I heard from behind my table) wicked fun and the people coming through all day (and I'm talking ALL DAY) were so great! Thanks to Racquel (and family), Melissa (and her girlfriend), Trish (and her also-getting-married-girlfriend), Jinesa, and the random friends (that happened to be coming to the show) for coming out! It was great to see you all there and I hope you had a great time!

random friend: Verena!

sassy burlesque cutie

Unfortunately the shots I got were mostly of our table, our neighbours and anything that I could snap from behind our area. It was really hard to get out and walk around, as we were all pretty busy for the full day.

Our neighbour's table of amazing goods: A Farmer's Daughter

I don't know if these pictures do any justice to how awesome the whole place looked but I'm sooo sure that there will be more then enough pictures floating around the information superhighway that'll definitely show Indie I Do exactly how it was meant to be seen.







A hip hip horray to Indie I Do's success!!! Thanks for coming out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looked SO beautiful!! I wish I had been there! Good job on the photos, Teenie.

ANGELA HUBBARD | Hubbard Photography said...

exactly what Brina said.. sooo gorgeous, wish i was there too :(

soon... next month!!!!