May 16, 2008

wildlife, birthdays and videotape

My time in Fernie is coming to an end. I'm sure you're all wondering "what's it like for brina all the way in Fernie?" and "How does she do it?" and maybe even "what the hell is she doing?"

well here is the answer...

1. I'm taking care of my healing buddy. As an update, he's driving, walking, running, biking and doing all the activities he was doing before the surgery, but at the speed of a snail. STILL! Improvements galore. I also gave him a hair cut. Say hello to his new hair cut!

2. I'm always on the look out for wildlife. I don't always have a camera with me, like the time I saw the field full of elk or all the bald eagles and hawks I see in the sky, or even the curious hummingbirds. But this is proof of all the other wild buddies I did see...

3. I celebrated my 31st birthday. Best birthday ever...unless we're counting last year cuz last year was PRETTY awesome.

4. The coolest part of my trip was being surprised by a little bear cub outside our bedroom window. Here's a small clip of him eating grass. You don't know how hard it was to NOT go out and give him/her a big hug.

No comments: