April 30, 2008

healing in fernie

Last Thursday Rod had surgery on his knee, after a 2 month waiting period, so I flew (picture me as superman) into Cranbrook, BC just in time to take him home...just as soon as he could stand up and not throw up. I've been here for almost a week and he's been healing quite quickly, in my mind. He's bustling around on his crutches, going up and down stairs, like it's no big thing.

Fernie isn't a bad place to be locked up for a few weeks. All you have to do is look out the window and you should start feeling better instantly, in my mind...or maybe it's the T3s.

The best part about this whole situation is my friend Dana Oikawa is in Vancouver healing from the exact same surgery, performed on the exact same day at the exact same time. So Dana and Rod have been bonding daily over their healing experiences. It's nice to have someone who is going through the same thing, and to have someone completely understand the pain you're in.

Here are some pictures of rod, for those who want to see how he's doing...and for those who don't. haha. You MUST look at them. I will refrain from posting the pictures of his scars. Gross.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's seriously your "office" when you're up there?! floor to ceiling windows with THAT VIEW?! i don't even know why you come back to the city! ha ha ha ha

get better soon robo!!