January 15, 2008

Introducing to you: The Little Things

One quiet Sunday in December, my good friend Derrick Belcham, who recently moved back to Vancouver, invited me out for lunch at Liberty Bakery on Main. But of course I would love to!! We ate yummy soup and talked about all the things going on in our lives that we're excited about. Derrick is one of those guys who is amazing at anything he picks up and not only becomes a master of the trade in a day but also has the energy and passion to make things happen. Knowing this, I decided to pick his brain about an idea that I came up with for our Ready2Wear catalogue. And that's where it all began! Drinking coffee on Main...probably not the first time a great idea was born on Main.

Immediately Derrick and I toured the area for antique shops and second hand spots to help inspire us. The best thing we ended up doing was stepping into Urban Source, a recycled and reusable art material shop. The items in there are so random and cool and, for us, perfect.

After buying a bunch of material, I realized there needs to be a reason for this. Our Bunny Love wedding invitations were a hit for 2007, mainly because it's different and you have options for your photographs, so the idea was to create a new "pick your photo" wedding invitation design...with a good story behind it. Inspired by life itself, I thought of creating a bunch of scenes that showed a couple enjoying all the little things they share together...because really, that's what life is all about. During a quick brainstorm session at Wild Rice on West Pender, we giddily ran upstairs and made it happen. It was a night we'll never forget. We amazed ourselves and I was in awe of Derrick's ability to capture the little felt scenes with his fancy camera. I appreciate you, Derrick!!

So here are some shots I took of our arts and crafts evenings...




And here is the end result!


Today I'm pretty excited to talk a little about a new Ready2Wear invitation design we recently introduced. It's called The Little Things.
You can also view the wedding design pieces at: blue skies and daisies

No comments: