January 14, 2008

dancing calgary to sleep

This weekend Rod and I enjoyed an evening at the Hyatt, in Calgary, where we attended the FritoLay year end/christmas party for west coast employees and their mates. There are some quality people working for this company and we all took the chance to drink and dance like it was 1892! Such fun!! Letting lose with your co-workers is such a good bonding exercise. Albertine and I should really go out and dance and have some fun together to get rid of the work tension that's building up between us (JUST KIDDING!)

Because we were in the city, we called up our friend Miriam, an old high school pal, to squeeze in some quality time with her and her family before heading home. Boy, do I miss that girl!

I haven't spent too much time in Calgary, but I did notice that the downtown core is really a nice place to be. I'm not sure why, but I was pleasantly surprised by how nice people were and how pretty the streets are....and the fake animals!! So strange! At the airport, in hotels, along the streets, you see these big life sized animals as if they were in a museum. HM! I liked it.



No comments: