January 8, 2008

bean looks back on her holidays

Sadly, 2 days before Albertine’s birthday I left for Ontario to spend Christmas with my family, friends and best man. It was a little less than 2 weeks of snow, eating and games. The Schenk’s really take advantage of every spare moment to enjoy a good game of cribbage or yahtzee.
Christmas Eve was spent with my oh so awesome family. Rod got to see the craziness that is my family and he's still with me!! That's good news. A few highlights were Maxwell as Santa and Dwight's Christmas instructions in order to open your present. Dwight made me act out King Kong using my nephews as props. I thought I did pretty good.

We had a really great time with the Brink family (including 3 fantastic dogs) on Boxing Day, which ended with a rowdy game of Pit. Good eats, a little bit of wrestling and lots of nuts.
To end my holidays in style, I flew over to Fernie, BC, to spend New Years with Rod. We had such a fabulous time hiding out and watching movies and just being together.

No comments: