August 6, 2007

spring and summer

It seems like the only way to really experience summer is to leave Vancouver.

I spent 4 wonderful weeks in the city and left for Fernie on the 1st and I notice the second I land in the south eastern region of British Columbia summer is really here. This fact isn't so apparent in Vancouver as two weeks of rain and temperatures between 18 and 24 make it seem more like Spring... atleast to this Ontarioian. Rod and I's first task was to go boating on Lake Koocanusa. In the 4 hours we were on the water, my tan was right back to where I left it 4 weeks ago. It's so good to be back.

Since I've been here, I've finished a book lent to me by Tanya Bryant (excellent book, my friend) and started a new one; I've been on two boats, gone camping, enjoyed bbq salmon and drank a few cold ones. Summer is definitely here.

It's the civic long weekend (or BC day, thanks to Teenie), which I constantly forget about, and I have decided to take the time off. I believe Albertine has as well. I'm proud of her for that. Albertine works really hard for our clients and taking time off is something she deserves more than anyone I know.

Maybe next time I go to Fernie I should take her with me. What do you say teeqee??? :D

2 comments:

teenie "cute as a button!" de leon said...

hoooooooooooly!

Anonymous said...

HOLY DO IT!! Rod would love it. He said so. In fact he just said "that would be sweet". SEE?