August 23, 2007

our stumbled links #2

OK it's been a while since I did the first one, so here's #2. I haven't been the stumble master since arriving in Fernie, but I have still managed to find a few sites worth mentioning.

here is a list of 3 artistic sites/pages and my personal reasons for enjoying them.

1. marcel duchamp - nude descending a stairecase, no. 2, 1912
This painting was one of my favorite pieces in college, and probably still is. Years later I was visiting my parents in Philadelphia and we took a trip to the Museum of Art, the Rocky museum (yes I ran up the stairs and cheered), and this painting was there! I was so happy to see the original. And then the other day I stumbled on a link to the painting! weird!

2. photography series - la vida de vagabundos americanos (42 fotos)
Not sure who took these photos but I think they're very interesting. I had to do a triple take on one of the photos because it looks insanely like my friend Louvens. I'll have to ask him about that.

3. Gustav Klimt
Obviously a fantastic painter, but I was initially attracted to this website because of the song playing in the background. I used to play this when I was a weeeee child pianist.

No comments: