November 3, 2008

ha! you're stuck with me! (insert evil laugh)

Hello friends,

Albertine here, beginning day one of my new found responsibility...keeping y'all entertained while Brina's away in Mexico for two weeks! Fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the ride!

So, it's been a while since I've blogged and I know, for a lot of you I'm sure, you don't really mind. Beans has done such an amazing job with our blog that I really feel like it's unnecessary for me to even participate. Frankly, there's not too much going on in my life that's deserving of public broadcast.

EITHER WAY...here we are, thrust into the spotlight with nothing on but our underpants, and can I just say, thank you to everyone for coming out to read our blog everyday (even WHILE it's ME blogging).

Tonight I wanted to share with you something I read from one of my favourite bloggers out there, only because he is one of my all time favourite authors and I'm consistently excited and happy when I hear anything David Sedaris.

The original post about David was actually about his recent piece in the New Yorker (he writes all the time for the New Yorker but also has a lot of his memoirs published in many books, all of which are lining my bookshelf) reflecting on the current US election (holy crap, one day left!) and the group of people known as "undecideds". Reading his piece reminded me of how much I love him and his writing, and made me want to share it with you, my peoples.

For those of you who are getting your first introduction to Mr. Sedaris, here's a clip from his recent visit to David Letterman's studio (another David I must say I do enjoy). If he's not your cup of tea, I totally can understand and appreciate, but for those of you who laugh outloud watching and want to read more of his work, let me know and I can recommend you all of my all time favourite books of his.

Enjoy!

No comments: