October 13, 2008

Prettyland For Thanksgiving

Dana Oikawa and I, Brina, left for Vancouver Island on Friday to spend a couple days with Karen and Werner (a 1st introduction for Dana) in their "new" house. It was a trip later titled the Farewell Tour but not because I won't be returning ever again, but because I leave for Fernie on Sunday!! HOKEY DOODLE!


We entered their new house (after 6 hours of traveling) and during the initial tour we flipped through the pictures taken pre-renovations. It's such a 70s house from the outside but it has been transformed on the inside.


All Dana and I wanted to accomplish was hanging out with Karen and Werner and that's exactly what we did. We helped them move a couch outside for pickup, took their recycling to the traveling depot, watched Werner dig up roots, watched Werner hang pictures on the wall, watched Werner cook us omelets and watched Werner check his forum. Werner is really fun to watch.

It was much better than it sounds.







We also each ate 3 donuts, drove to the salmon run (2 weeks too early,) played games and had breakfast with Alice Young.

Best. Weekend. Ever.

You are correct in observing no thanksgiving dinner in these pictures but dinner takes place tonight at the Lion's Den. Junko is preparing a traditional thanksgiving feast for anyone that comes in (not for free) and I am planning on eating a minimal lunch to make sure I'm ravishing by the time I get there.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know it doesn't look like it but I really was there.