March 4, 2008

a quick trip up the sunshine coast

Scene: Somewhere in Vancouver on Saturday night.

Rod: "so what do you want to do this weekend?"
Brina: "mmm I don't know"
Rod: "That's cool. I like that we don't have plans."
Brina: "How about renting a car and going somewhere?"
Rod: "You're so smart and awesome and beautiful. I'm so glad I'm dating such a cool person with such unique ideas"
Brina: "I just thought of it now."

And so we rented a car and drove up the sunshine coast. Destination: Powell River.

End scene.

The dialogue wasn't exactly that, but it was similiar ish.

We drove the rented Accent on 4 ferries in 2 days, played lots of cribbage, saw a few seals and I took lots of pictures. It was the best weekend ever. This brings our Flight Pass time to an end. We're a bit sad, but then we think about summer and how it's riiiiight around the corner. More good times will be had.

It was my first time up the coast and now I understand why people go there and love it and say "it's so beautiful". I get it. I have now been to one of the most beautiful places in Canada. I also met 2 wonderful people who put us up for a night, thanks for their B&B, and I encourage anyone to look up Adventure B&B next time you're in Powell River.

Here are some of my favorite shots.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We got SNOW SNOW SNOW and you go see moss on trees... ::sighs::
such is life, but thanks for sharing! I finally figured out how to leave a comment on here too!
~Lisa Rivers Lakes Streams