February 14, 2008

the greatest love songs of all time



I was listening to one of my favorite radio stations, The Current, last night and sat through a set of The Greatest Love Songs Of All Time. Seems appropriate for Valentines Day. It was a night I'll never forget. Here are the top 5 love songs, recommended by listeners.

5. The Cure - There is no if
4. Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place Naive Melody
3. Etta James - At Last
2. Bright Eyes - First Day Of My Life
1. Ben Folds - The Luckiest

I heard somewhere that writing a love song can be much harder than writing a sad song. Don't know why, but I guess love can be really cheesy if it's not done right. What is "right?" I don't know.

Anyone have their own top love song?

I thoroughly enjoy Your Hand In Mine by Explosions in the Sky. It's so beautiful.

No comments: