February 9, 2009

New Addition to the Family

Her name is Peerless Gem and she's new around these here parts. It took 18 hours to get this paper cutter settled in from Calgary to Fernie and lots of hours discussing how we're going to take this 1000 lb, 100 year old paper cutter off the back of Rod's truck.

We woke up Sunday morning to this outside our window and kinda wanted to cry...


Rod and I looked at each other absolutely baffled and confused.

"HUN!"

Finally, we called a few strong bulls over to work with us as a team. It worked flawlessly, other than the 30 minutes where we couldn't find one of the wheels that Rod had mysteriously put down somewhere. We found it though, sneaky Rod!

And that's when the real excitement began. I've never seen twenty-something year olds SO excited about a paper cutter. It was like Christmas for them and all they were doing was cutting a phone book into many many pieces and then cheering...like a dog with newspaper.

OHHH I did loved their excitement! It made all the stress worth it. It's a fairly rusty machine at the moment but I'll be putting in some elbow grease time to transform it from a 1910 to a 2010 model. People will see it and be like "ohhh is that a new Peerless Gem? I didn't think they were making them anymore"

And I will smile inside.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that one of those new Peerless Gem's? I didn't think they were making them anymore. That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

you don't know this but I'm smiling inside...inside so you can't see my sneaky smile